Just as walking into a perfectly designed home instantly brightens our mood, sipping on a bold, flavorful, and delicious cocktail does the same. While you all know that I looove to enjoy my cocktails, sometimes it’s necessary to go sans alcohol. Perhaps you’re partaking in Dry-uary, changing your diet, or like me, you’re expecting!! Yes, it’s true!! If you missed our announcement, you can find it here.
Thankfully, just because you’re going spirit-free doesn’t mean you have to forgo that beautifully refreshing beverage in hand. The perfect solution? A mocktail. During my first pregnancy, I used mocktails to stay incognito until I was ready to share the news. (It was the bartender’s and my secret.) This time around, it’s so I don’t feel left out while everyone around me is enjoying the good stuff.
No longer a syrup-filled sweet beverage with simple soda, mocktails have come a long way over the last few years. With balance, flavor, and creativity, these non-alcoholic drinks are incredibly delicious, enjoyable, and the perfect way to make everyone feel included.
Feeling thirsty? You’re in luck. Today I’m sharing 4 of my favorite mouth-watering mocktails that will have you instantly craving that satisfying first sip…
Flavorful and Adaptable Zero Proof Whiskey Smash
Say goodbye to those boring virgin drinks full of ice and lacking flavor, and say hello to this non-alcoholic whisky smash. It’s the perfect balance of sour and sweet. Hints of citrus combined with traditional whiskey flavorings will have you mistaken for the real thing.
The best part? This drink is always in style, no matter the season. Add some blackberries and enjoy a refreshing summer smash. In the winter, throw in a cinnamon stick for added spice, and you have yourself a perfect beverage for cozying up by the fire. Yes, please!!
Love whiskey but on an alcohol-free adventure? Find the recipe on Cocktail Contessa.
Family-Friendly Sparkling Apple Cider
Fizzy, sweet, with a touch of warming spice…what’s not to love?! This sparkling apple cider punch is a fave in our family. With flavors perfectly capturing feelings of joy and excitement, this is the perfect beverage to enjoy while partaking in holiday festivities. Even our four-year-old enjoyed her own glass! You should have seen the pure happiness on her face as we clinked our glasses together and sipped our cider.
To experience the innocent joys of sharing a deliciously sweet mocktail with your family, you can find the recipe here.
Vibrant, Sweet, and Minty Green Grasshopper
This was a new one for me. I remember seeing this drink for the first time as a source of liquid courage for Raj on ‘The Big Bang Theory’ and thinking it was an interesting mix of flavors. I have to say, at first, I was pretty reluctant, but after coming across the mocktail recipe, I figured I’d give it a chance. The result? Minty, creamy, delightfully chocolaty, and surprisingly very yummy!
Have I convinced you to give this bold and vibrant treat a try? Find the full recipe here.
Energizing and Lovely Watermelon & Rosewater Iced Tea
This subtly sweet earth-toned beverage would be perfect for sipping on while enjoying an afternoon with your besties. I envision lounging in a modern beach house (similar to this one) while enjoying the simple pleasures of lively conversation and inviting outdoor areas. Sounds heavenly, doesn’t it?!
To create your own delicious watermelon and rose iced tea, find the full recipe here.
Now it’s your turn…
I’ve given you a variety of beautiful and tasty options to choose from when it comes to creating your own mocktail, but now it’s time for the glamorous part…the necessities! I’ve put together some of my top picks to help you get creative behind the bar, whether alcohol is on the guest list or not…
#BestSippedWith: Bar Cart Essentials
1. Kentucky 74 is a beautifully distilled non-alcoholic spirit, making it the perfect choice for bourbon cocktails and mocktails. With a high-quality, smooth finish, there is a good reason this won a gold medal in the L.A. Spirits Awards! Source
2. With generous flavors of vanilla and toasted nuts, this gently mellow American Classic Bourbon Malt is distinct and contemporary. Perfect for enjoying an Old Fashioned! Source
3. This modern, stand-out bar cabinet is an intriguing way to hold your essentials. Mixed metals combined with a monochromatic pattern create a mind-bending but glamorously eclectic look. Source
4. These gold, traditional Boston shakers are an easy choice when it comes to bar essentials. Not only do they bring functionality, but they are classic and timeless, helping them blend with any existing vibe. Source
5. This stunning copper bar set includes a punch bowl, ladle, and four mugs, making it a necessary addition for frequent hosts and anyone who adores delicious, ice-cold Moscow Mules. (Me.) Source
6. Have you ever heard of a tumbler that had the unique ability to enhance the flavor of your drink? Well, this is it! Made from oak and stainless steel and lined with honey wax, this gorgeous whiskey tumbler brings out the delicious flavor of whiskey and lets the aromas expand. Source
7. Simply put, bitters are the salt and pepper in the world of cocktails. The flavorful infusion of spices brings a multidimensional layer into your beverage, creating bold character and a satisfyingly spicy taste. After using this, your drink will never be the same! Source
The perfect option for a delicious, inclusive beverage, mocktails bring unexpected joy and remind us that no matter our season, we can still share in the simple joys of togetherness with a beautiful drink in hand.
If you’re ready to get creative and transform your space with a fresh design that inspires camaraderie and serves as a welcoming space for all of your favorite people, let’s chat, my friend.